Give Your Sanity And Productivity The Weekend It Deserves
Whatever this week has brought you, let that mess go.
It’s the weekend, and your mind has done enough backflips around expectations, criticisms, and judgments that it just needs rest.
Now, decide that you are the most important woman in the room, and let the next decision you make honor what you really need. Is it rest, to laugh, to sit idle on the front steps with a beverage and watch the sunset or the moon rise?
“The pain and stress and anger and sadness and loneliness and frustration and fear and cravings and irritations that we will experience today … they are made up. We can let them go as easily as they arise. They are unnecessary if we realize that we’ve created them for no good reason. Instead, see the beauty in every moment. In every person’s so human actions. In our own frailties and failures.
This world is a morning poem, and we have but to see it to be shaken by its beauty, over and over”.
It can be hard to permit yourself to let go and prioritize yourself. With that in mind, here are 13 mantras to support you as you release the week and reclaim yourself:
- I’m living a purposeful life.
- I trust the timing of my life, and I know that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
- My life is becoming calmer
- Loving myself is as important as loving others
- I do not allow grudges to become a part of me
- I release the stress of the week
- I permit myself to focus fully on my self-care
- I will not criticize myself. I will love myself for who I am, what I have become, and where I am going.
- I am proud of myself
- I am allowed to make mistakes. Mistakes are a part of my growth
- I am resilient; I will get through this difficult time.
- I am an amazing gift to myself, my friends, and the world.
- I am not only enough, I am more than enough, and I get better and better each day.
Even 5 minutes is better than doing nothing
Taking a moment to self-nurture and embrace self-care can happen any time- sipping a hot cup of tea, laughing with a friend on the phone, gardening, and noticing the smell of the grass- it’s just sometimes we are so preoccupied, we miss it. The key is to take your 5 minutes, or whatever moment you decide, and show up fully, staying present in the moment and aware. In addition, since your thoughts play a part in your overall success and happiness, its important to find ways to improve your mindset. Adding affirmations to those moments can be encouraging because it shifts any negative thoughts you may be unknowingly entertaining and can help reframe them, supporting a positive mood, happy feelings, ideas, and attitudes.
You deserve that.
Being authentic is not easy, especially for women. They have to break norms and find the courage to walk the path less traveled …